Saturday, January 17, 2004

BEST OF THE BOARDS
by popular demand, i have brought you a post that i found, well, amusing from these pre-college/pre-law boards. i hope you enjoy.
this one is from collegeconfidential, and it can be viewed here (as long as the link is still good)
By Gnrgurl (Gnrgurl) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 12:49 am:
I heard so much ••••. i go to a school in LI with alot of people that "seem" to be liek the kids that go to Penn. and i hate those kinds of people. Im describing snobby, rich, Jewish (not that i have anything against them, but i want diversity), and just competitive. I mean isn't college where you make you everlasting friendships and i really don't wanna make them with rich snobs. Can someone who's been there describe the people, atmosphere, and esp. the people at wharton b/c that's where ill be applying.
By Aquaman (Aquaman) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 01:28 am
Your rude attitude certainly won't get you into Penn or Wharton. You talk about how you don't want snobs, yet you are saying "I don't want to go to school with rich Jewish students." This might be the most blantanly offensive thing I've ever read. Also you talk about competition. Welcome to the Ivy League schools. If you don't want a very competitive atmosphere go to fourth tier school. You obviously are without a clue and this message board isn't going to give you one. Get off your butt and go visit the campus. Also anyone with any idea would be able to realize that diversity isn't necessarily different religions or people from different socio-economic backgrounds. Diversity can also be diversity of thoughts, which tends to be the most important part of college, learning from you peers. I could continue to rant, but there really isn't anything that will make you actually get it. In closing, I would just like to let you know that your message has not only been the most offensive, but also the most ignorant.
By Jro813 (Jro813) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 06:49 am haha sorry, i'm gonna have to agree to with Aqua...
you probably should have researched Penn a little better before you picked it
By Gnrgurl (Gnrgurl) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 03:41 pm
Aquaman, I am truly sorry that I offended you, by the Jewish comment. I really want you to know that that wasn't my intent at all. I was just trying to be honest about it. People who I haved talked to have said the things that I posted above, like Penn kids be snotty, cutthroat, and the student population having very little diversity. I understand diversity can mean diversity of thoughts but I meant it as diversity of ethnicity, religious, and race.
I couldn't visit Penn's campus because i honestly didnt have the time or money to go all the way to Penn. I live really far away.
And there is no reason for you to start insulting me and telling me to go to a fourth tier school. College is not all about academics, I'm a laid back person and i picked Penn because it is a competitve school, but I heard about kids there being very cutthroat and just downright rude.
By the way, "Welcome to the Ivys"... about that comment, not everyone at the Ivys are competitive, they are good students but they CAN be laid back.
So again I'm sorry if i offended you but please don't b!tch at me for my whole post.

No comments: