Monday, June 14, 2004

Camping..........Law Firm Style
I spent the weekend camping out at around Point Reyes. To get to the site, I had to kayak across Tamalas Bay, and then I slept in a tent one night, and under the stars the second. We were completely cut off from civilization - no roads to any cities were nearby, and the only way back was to kayak against the wind to other side of the bay, braving what would have been four foot waves.

So did I suffer? Did I rough it? Of course not...it was a law firm event! They had porters put our suitcases on a speed boat that met us on the other side of the bay. Once there, guides set up our tent for us. And for food...well, let's just say we weren't eating reconstituted tomato sauce with moldy pasta. We had professional caterers boated in, and they made some of the best food I've had in my life. The first night's salmon was so tender it melted in your mouth. The next morning we had Huevos Rancheros. Sushi, fresh baked cookies, korean style steak, turkey brie avocado wraps, cornish hens, miso soup, salad with sesame oil, fresh fruit, oatmeal, etc. were just some of the food that was offered. The rest of the group enjoyed thoroughly the seemingly unlimited supply of imported beers, mike's hard lemonades, and smirnoff ices (I don't really drink, so I had to settle for a mere contact high).

I wonder if this qualifies as being wined and dined..........

No comments: